WHY DO WE DO WHAT WE DO
Our children's ministry is based on this scripture found in Mark 9:35-37 where Jesus is speaking to the twelve disciples: "He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me, but the one who sent me". We hope each family feels this welcoming attitude of Jesus each week when you enter Clarkston Community Church.
Do you have requirements for your volunteers? YES
Each volunteer in the children's ministry must complete:
- The Newcomer Class which strengthens members in our church's ministries, how to grow in spiritual maturity, and how to develop their spiritual gifts.
- Must be a member for at least 6 months after attending the Newcomer Class.
- A risk management screening process which includes a written application, background check, personal references and a personal interview with our pastoral staff.
- A Standards of Leadership form requiring consistent church attendance and Bible-base beliefs.
Nursery is provided during both the 9:15 and 11:00 Sunday services. When you enter our Connection Center(gym/fellowship area) a greeter at the nursery check-in will help you sign in your little ones and direct you to the childcare area.
- We have individual rooms in the 400 wing for each age group: babies, walkers/toddlers and 3s/4s.
- A separate napping room is available as well as a nursing mothers' room with a TV to watch and hear the worship service.
- The nursery is well supervised by adults who love children. Puzzles, toys, bible story books, and one-on-one play are just a few of the forms of interaction between the children and caregivers in the babies and walker/toddler area. We also have a structured lesson and music time for the toddlers.
- The 3s and 4s are provided with a wonderful learning environment. Music, crafts, and Bible stories help our young members become part of our community of faith. The children in this area use the Group's hands-on curriculum.
During our Sunday Worship Services at 9:15 and 11:00 AM, our children in grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade attend 252-SUNDAY in the 400 wing for the whole hour. The children participate in the Bible-based curriculum from Group Inc. entitled 252 Basics. The hour consists of large and small group instruction plus interactive music, stories and skits that bring the Bible to life.
Club 3C is a ministry designed to offer spiritual guidance for children through the teaching of adult volunteers who prepare an age appropriate Bible lesson and related activities to help them understand God’s Word and help them apply it to their lives.
In Club 3-C, children learn:
· How to have a personal relationship with God
· Spiritual truths by using Bible tools and a wide variety of activities
· How to practice stewardship of responsibilities and leadership
· How to take part in a program that is enjoyable and appealing to their interests
This mid-week children’ program (for grades K- 5), is set up into small group classes based on grade level. Club 3-C uses the doctrinally sound Wesleyan Bible curriculum to teach children the fundamentals of their faith in Jesus Christ. The curriculum allows the teacher and assistants to teach in a variety of ways to help children understand the Bible lesson, while applying it to their lives, at their level. Special activity nights are planned throughout the year, like Harvest Celebration, Christmas Party, PJ & Popcorn night, Compassion dinner, Easter Celebration and more. We teach children about serving others in our community with various mission and outreach projects. Club 3-C meets every Wednesday evenings (unless noted on the schedule) from 6:45 to 8:00 pm.
· New children can get registered by visiting our friendly Greeters located directly inside the Connection
Center (gym) doors.
· Parents may sign-in their children directly in their class rooms after the first evening at 6:45 p.m.
· Parents sign-out and pick up their children in their classrooms at 8:00 p.m.
Children, grades Kindergarten through Fifth, meet in the The Worship Center on Wednesday nights (Sept.-Apr.) from 6 to 6:45 PM for Kids Choir. The choir works on a Spring and Christmas musical's for the whole family to enjoy. Currently we are preparing for this years Spring Worship Musical KIDS WORSHIP LIVE! Hope to see you there!
- All children, Nursery through Fifth Grade are required to be signed in by their parent or guardian.
- All volunteers are required to wear security tags.
- Children in the nursery area will only be released when security tags are matched and returned.
- All workers serve children in teams of no less than two.
- All workers in Children's Ministries are screened through a risk management process before working with children. This process includes a written application, background check, personal references and a personal interview with our pastoral staff.
6300 Clarkston Rd.
Clarkston, MI. 48346
Contact us by Email